Crostini with Shitake Mushrooms, Arugula, Shallots & Capers
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: Serves 2-6
Who doesn't love warm, toasty bread topped with cheesy, veggie goodness? I don't know one single person. 🙂 Crostini with shitake mushrooms, arugula, shallots and capers is buttery and peppery and capers add a zingy finish that's second to none. Seriously - this is a delightful appetizer, lunch, light supper or snack.
- 12 OZ shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups arugula, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 5 TBS capers
- Olive Oil
- 1 TSP rosemary
- 1 TSP cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the baguette into 1” slices (some cut on the bias, however you like. It’s not rocket science, it’s delicious, toasty bread.)
- Brush them on one side with olive oil, season with fresh ground pepper and a little kosher salt. Place the bread on a baking sheet (plain side down.) Set on the top rack and bake the bread for 3-5 minutes, until it has a nice golden brown crisp.
- While the bread is toasting in the oven, chop the mushrooms, arugula and slice the shallots. Add the veggies to a pan with olive oil. Season with cumin and rosemary, a little salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the capers and cook for a couple of minutes more. Remove from heat.
- To the warm, toasty bread, dollop and spread mascarpone on the oil side. Top with veggies and serve.