A Salad Tower: Roasted Beets, Red Onions, Mozzarella & Tomatoes
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Salad
They say you eat with your eyes first - this salad tower is warm and cool to the taste, and makes a beautiful presentation - not mention it's delicious too! #eatyourveggies
- 2 large yellow beets, washed, peeled, stems removed and sliced ½" thick rounds
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced, ¼" thick rounds
- Fresh mozzarella log, pre-sliced is nice, 8 slices
- 1 medium tomato, washed, sliced ½" thick rounds
- 2 handfuls of arugula, thoroughly rinsed
- Seasonings, dill, salt, pepper, olive oil & balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- To a large cooking sheet, add the beets and red onion slices
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with dill, salt & pepper. Then drizzle with Balsamic
- Cook for 20 minutes, until the beets are fork-tender
- Start "building" your tower!
- Place arugula in the middle of the plate. Season it with salt, pepper and dill. Add 1 slice each, beets, mozzarella, tomato, and repeat until it stands 5-6" tall. Add the red onions to the top. Drizzle a little olive oil and Balsamic to the top and serve.