Beets & Yukon Gold Potato Dish
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Side dish
Serves: 6-8 servings
Beets & potatoes served with squeeze of fresh lemon!
- 4medium yellow or white beets
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes
- olive oil
- fresh lemon
- Seasonings *
- salt & pepper plus these dried herbs:
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp dill weed
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Clean and peel beets. Cut into 1” cubes.
- Clean and peel potatoes. Cut into 1” cubes.
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the beets and potatoes and season with salt, pepper oregano, dill and cardamom. Gently move them around the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook through to desired tenderness (ad dente) about 12-15 minutes.