Coconut Curry Soup with Cauliflower & Potatoes
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6 servings
Coconut Curry Soup is spicy and satisfying. Serve with naan for a delicious, simple meal.
- Olive Oil
- 4 red potatoes cubed, about 1” (or substitute russet or Yukon gold if you prefer)
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 scallion
- Whole head of cauliflower
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tsp red curry paste (if you want a milder flavor, reduce)
- 1 16oz can coconut milk
- ½ cup frozen baby peas
For Garnish top with fresh:
- Lime Wedge
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cut up potatoes into 1” cubes
- Mince shallots, garlic
- Cut off the ends of the scallion and using both the green and white, slice up thin
- Core the cauliflower, remove the florets and cut into small bite-size pieces
- In a sauce pan heat up some olive oil (about 2 spins around the pan)
- Add the potatoes, shallots, garlic and cauliflower. (Season in layers; salt and pepper as you go.) Add the scallions, season all with salt, pepper, coriander, thyme, cilantro, basil, ginger, dill weed and cumin, turmeric and cayenne, stirring as you go.
- Once the veggies are coated in the oil, (it is ok to add a little more olive oil if your veggies need it) herbs & the shallots are translucent, add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the red curry paste.
- Cook about 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, cardamom and sweet peas.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes. Serve in a soup bowl.
Add garnishes, one, some or all! Serve with warm flatbread drizzled with olive oil.