Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Edamame
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: Serves 4
Cucumber tomato salad with edamame and olives is one of my favorites. It's simple and delicious and can be served as an accompaniment to seared salmon or on its own with ciabatta and Savignon Blanc!
- 1 cucumber
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 8 oz kalamata olives
- 8 oz edamame, steamed and cool
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Tbsp dried dill
- Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- Olive oil
- Dark balsamic vinegar
- Clean your veggies.
- Cut the cucumber long-ways and slice into “moons”
- Cut the tomatoes long-ways and I like to scoop out the pulp on some. Slice.
- Into a bowl add the veggies, edamame and olives.
- In a small measuring cup add the dried herbs, and 2:1 ratio of olive oil to balsamic. It doesn’t have to be exact, but ½ cup olive oil to ¼ cup balsamic. Whisk the ingredients and drizzle over the salad a little at a time. Toss the salad in between – you may or may not like to dress your salad a lot or a little. Whatever you have left over will store nicely in a mason jar.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste