Fresh Peaches with Burrata, Cucumbers, Strawberries & Basil
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: Serves 4
Summer salads are my favorite - who doesn't want fresh peaches and strawberries coupled with cool, crisp cucumbers (these are from our garden), creamy Burrata and beautiful basil? I dress it simply with Cara Cara Orange Vanilla white balsamic and extra virgin olive oil - both from one of my favorite shops Outrageous Olive Oil in Scottsdale, Arizona. Sometimes I serve this salad after the meal - it's a lovely way to cleanse the palette and prepare your guests for dessert & coffee.
- 4 peaches
- 8 large strawberries
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- 16 basil leaves
- 2 hand-formed balls Burrata
- Cara Cara Orange Vanilla White Balsamic vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Chill 4 salad plates. Rinse the fruit, cucumber and basil. Pat dry.
- Halve the peaches, remove the stone. Cut each half into wedges. Place the same amount of wedges onto each of the plates.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters, distribute the same amount of berries onto each of the plates.
- Cut the cucumber into half moons, distribute the same amount onto each of the plates.
- Sprinkle 4 basil leaves onto each plate.
- Cut the Burrata into quarters. It's so creamy - make sure you use a sharp knife and make one cut. Carefully place 2 quarters onto each place.
- Dress with a drizzle of white balsamic and olive oil. Lightly salt and pepper to taste.