Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Serves 3
I love making quinoa. It's fast, easy, gluten-free and full of nutrients. It's high in fiber, vitamin, B, iron potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants. Whew! Quinoa Breakfast Bowls can be made a variety of ways and is a great meal to start the day.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked per package instructions
- 1 small russet potato, diced, 1” cubes
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, diced, 1” cubes
- 2 TBSP Kalamata olives
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Seasonings (Pre-mix and season as you go)
- ½ TSPN dill
- ½ TSPN cumin
- ½ TSPN oregano
- Cook quinoa per the package instructions. It’s usually 1-part quinoa to 2 parts water or broth. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of a medium frying pan with olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and shallots. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and also a pinch of the pre-mixed seasonings. Over medium heat, cook the potatoes and shallots until the potatoes develop a light brown crust around the edges, about 10-15 minutes. Add the zucchini, Kalamata olives and another pinch of seasonings. Stir it all together, making sure the veggies are coated with the oil and mixed up with the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, scramble the eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the frying pan and mix them with the veggies. Add the rest of your seasonings. Lower the heat and cook about 5 minutes, stirring until the eggs are just about ready. Add the shredded cheese, remove from heat, cover the pan and let the cheese melt for about 2 minutes.
- Dice up the tomato, season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add a scoop of quinoa to the bottom of a serving bowl. Add the veggies and eggs. Add the tomatoes to the top and serve with a side of salsa and/or crème fraiche!