Salmon - Honey Mustard
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Supper
Honey-mustard salmon, baked in the oven is a quick and easy supper. Serve with roasted potatoes and a dollop of crème fraîche and fresh dill.
- 2 salmon fillets (skin on)
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 TBS mustard (yellow or Dijon)
- Olive Oil
Seasonings (pre-mix these so you can season as you go!)
- 1 TSPN cumin
- 1 TSPN dill
- 1 TSPN herbs de provence
- ½ TSPN celery salt
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the salmon and pat dry. Feel for any tiny bones and remove.
- To a small bowl add the mustard and honey. Give it a quick stir.
- Beginning with skin side up, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Brush a little of the honey-mustard mixture over the top and season with ½ of the pre-mixed herbs & spices.
- Turn the fillets over and place them in a Pyrex baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Brush a little of the honey-mustard mixture over the top and season with the rest of the herbs and spices. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top, cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and broil on low for 5 minutes. Salmon is done when firm to the touch. (Reserve the other half of the lemon for garnish.)
Garnish with crème fraîche, fresh dill and lemon wedge. Serve with roasted potatoes.