Sun-dried Tomato Bruschetta
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 4 servings
Bruschetta with sun-dried tomatoes and onions is a quick snack, appetizer or light lunch. Serve with Pinot Grigio or Reisling.
- 8.5 oz sun-dried tomatos in olive oil, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 TBS capers
- Baguette or boule (I used a boule in this recipe)
- Olive Oil
- 2 TSP dill
- 1 TSP rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the baguette into 1" slices or slice the boule and cut those pieces in half. Brush them on one side with olive oil, season with fresh ground pepper and a little kosher salt. Place the bread on a baking sheet (plain side down.) Set on the top rack and bake the bread for 3-5 minutes, until it has a nice golden brown crisp.
- While the bread is toasting in the oven, julienne the sun-dried tomatoes. Cut up the Roma tomatoes into small pieces, small chop or if you prefer, dice the onion finely. Add the veggies to a pan with olive oil. Season with dill and rosemary, a little salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the capers and cook for a couple of minutes more. Remove from heat.
- To the warm, toasty bread, dollop and spread mascarpone on the oil side. Top with veggies and serve.