Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 servings
Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup is delicious and this recipe is a simple "go to" meal any day of the week!
- 2 medium butternut squash, cut in half long-wise. Remove the seeds.
- 3 red potatoes, small cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- (I like to pre-mix these and season and I go.)
- 1 ½ tbsp. Rosemary
- 1 ½ tbsp. oregano
- 1 ½ tbsp. turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp coriander
- 1 ½ tsp Fenugreek
- Fresh Italian parsley, rough chop
- Grated Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees. Place squash skin-side down, drizzle the top with olive. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-25 minutes until soft. With a spoon, hollow out the squash by removing the meat from the skin, set aside.
- In a stock pot, drizzle olive oil and add potatoes. Saute’ until soft. Set aside.
- Add the squash and 2 cups of chicken stock to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Next, add the potatoes to the blender and 1½ cups of stock. Blend until smooth. Add to the bowl of pureed squash.
- To the (same) stock pot, drizzle olive oil and add the diced onions. Add the butter. Season with salt & pepper. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. Next, add the squash, potatoes, and remaining ½ cup of chicken stock to the pot. Add the coconut milk and half of your pre-mixed seasonings.
- Stir it all together, cook on medium heat bringing the soup to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes. Add the remainder of pre-mixed seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes more, serve with warm bread. Garnish with Mascarpone, parsley, grated cheese and fresh lemon.