Shrimp and Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: Serves 2
This spicy shrimp and black bean quinoa bowl is a quick and easy recipe. Serve it up for lunch or supper any day of the week!
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 small to medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- ¾ cups of quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 2 LBS shrimp (16 count, tails off, peeled, deveined and rinsed)
- 1 16 OZ can black beans, rinsed
- Olive Oil
- Crème Fraiche for garnish
- Seasonings (I like to premix these and season as I go)
- 1 tbsp. celery salt
- 1 tbsp. chili pepper
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dill
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add the quinoa, stirring as it toasts up, just a few minutes.
- Add a few pinches of salt, cracked pepper and the pre-mixed seasonings.
- Add the chicken broth. Simmer covered, 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and add the shallots and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Add a pinch or so of the pre-mixed seasonings. Cook on medium heat until shallots caramelize and the tomatoes become soft. Move the shallots and tomatoes to one side of the pan and add the shrimp to the other. Salt, pepper and season the shrimp with pre-mixed seasonings. Cook for two minutes, before turning each one over. Season the second side as the first. Cook on medium for two minutes. Add the black beans, stirring and cooking for a few minutes. Add the quinoa, stirring and cooking for a few minutes until warmed through. Season with the remaining spices. Serve in a bowl, garnish with crème fraiche.