Churro Donuts, Baked
Author: This Little italian
Churro Doughnuts, Baked Recipe Type : Dessert Author: this little italian Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 8 mins Total time: 18 mins Serves: 6 These tasty little donuts remind me of Churros, a Mexican deep fried cruller - only thing is, these are baked, not fried. They're quick to whip up in time for breakfast or warm dessert after lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of pure cane sugar
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP kosher salt
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- For the topping, 2 TBS melted butter, drizzle of honey - ¼ cup granulated sugar & 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees, convection bake
- Prepare doughnut trays by brushing on butter or oil, dust with flour
- To a large mixing bowl, sift and add dry ingredients
- To a measuring cup, add the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until incorporated
- Fill the doughnut trays about ¾
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Only the bottom will turn golden. Doughnuts are done when firm to the touch.
- Prepare the topping by stirring the melted butter and honey together. To a small plate, add the sugar and cinnamon, lightly mix with your fingers. Brush the top of each doughnut with the butter/honey mixture, then dip into the sugar/cinnamon, coating each one. Enjoy warm!