Smokey Roasted Potatoes with Artichoke Hearts
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: Serves 8
Potatoes are so versatile and easy to prepare a number of different ways. Smoked
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 16 oz can artichoke hearts in water
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt & pepper plus these dried herbs:
- 1 ½ tbsp smoked paprika (it has to be smoked!)
- 1 ½ tbsp dill weed
- 1 ½ tbsp Herbs de Provence
- Rinse the artichoke hearts, pat dry. Slice long-ways into halves. Place in bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl or cup add the dried herbs and mix together (like you’re making a rub), set aside.
- Clean the potatoes, pat dry and slice long-ways into wedges. Place the potatoes in a bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots. Add to the bowl. Peel and crush the 2 cloves of garlic into the bowl. Pour olive oil over the top and season with salt & pepper.
- Take ⅔ of the dried herbs you premixed and sprinkle over the top of the potatoes. Lightly toss everything until the potatoes are nicely coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spread out the potatoes on the baking sheet. Place the potatoes in the oven at 375 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, add the remaining ⅓ of the dried herbs you premixed into the artichokes. Lightly salt and pepper them.
- After the potatoes have baked for 30 minutes, with a spatula gently move the potatoes around, turning them. Move them to one side of the baking sheet. Add the seasoned artichokes to the pan.
- Bake for 20-30 more minutes and remove from oven. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon to garnish.