Steamed Broccoli and Arugula Salad
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: Serves 2
This delicious salad is simple yet packed with nutrients and protein from organic green veggies and tasty hard boiled eggs!
- 1 lb steamed broccoli
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tomatoes (vine ripened, heirloom or Roma)
- Cucumber (1/2 English or 2 small Persian)
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- ½ tbsp dill
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic (or any fruit infused such as peach or raspberry if you like.)
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add all of the ingredients for the dressing, whisk and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli until fork tender, refrigerate.
- Cut up the broccoli into bite size pieces. Cut up the tomatoes, cucumbers and quarter the hard boiled eggs. Divide the ingredients in half and assemble the salad in 2 plates: bed of arugula, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and eggs. Pour the dressing over the top, as much or little as you like. Serve with brown rice and/or warm bread.
- Brown rice is so delicious and hearty, just prepare according to package instructions. I use the long-cooking, organic brown rice from Trader Joe's. Top with avocado, a drizzle of olive oil, pinch of sea salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon.