Turkey Sandwich with Avocado, Roasted Beets and Onions
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Sandwich
Serves: Serves 2
Turkey sandwich with avocado, roasted beets & onions is sweet and delicious!
- 2 yellow beets, peeled and sliced into thin circles, ¼ "
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced into thin circles, ¼"
- 1 avocado, cut in half, remove pit, separate avocado from its skin. Place in a small bowl and squeeze the juice from one lemon over the top (to keep it from oxidizing.)
- 4 slices of whole wheat or nuts & seeded sliced bread
- Mascarpone cheese (a couple of schmears!)
- 8 thin slices of good turkey
- 1 tomato
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp tarragon
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and slice the beets, place on baking sheet.
- Peel and slice the onions, place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with rosemary, tarragon, salt & pepper.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 min, until tender.
- Smash the avocado with the back of a fork, season with a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil
- Slice the tomato into thin circles, ¼". Now we get to build the sandwich!
- I like to lightly toast the bread so that's it's firm but not too-well done. Scoop a tablespoon of the avocado onto the toast and spread it out. Roll the turkey and place 4 slices on top of the avocado. Add beets, onions, and sliced tomato. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper. To another piece of toast, spread a thin schmear of Mascarpone and top your sandwich.