Warm Beet Salad
Author: this little italian
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 2 servings
Warm beet salad is hearty and delicious. Serve with your favorite white wine!
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 white peach
- 1 Roma tomato
- 2 medium yellow or white beets
- olive oil
- fresh lemon
- Salt & Pepper plus these 2 tbsp dill weed
- Clean and peel beets. Cut into 1” cubes.
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the beets and season with salt, pepper and dill. Gently move them around the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook through to desired tenderness (ad dente) about 12 minutes.
- For this type of salad, rather than adding all ingredients to a salad bowl, I arrange on each (2) serving dishes.
- Clean arugula and greens and arrange a “bed”, half of each cup for each plate.
- Rinse and slice white peaches, place half on top of the greens per plate.
- Rinse and slice tomatoes, place half on top of the greens per plate.
- Add half of the sautéed beets to the top for each plate.
- Dress with a drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste